Installing the right audio driver for Windows 7 is essential as not doing it properly may result to a variety of problems especially when you are using programs in the computer that involves sounds. If the installation process is interrupted or not completed the install file may also work abnormally or it may not work at all.
If you want to know how to install the software component you may follow the steps below.
How To Install Audio Drivers For Windows 7
1. Open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the computer icon on your desktop. Once you get to the list of options just select “Manage”.
2. You will then see the Computer Management window and all you have to do is click on the Device Manager option.
3. Once you click on the Device Manager you will see another list of options. Just look for the option that says “Sound, video and game controllers”, right click on audio and then click on Uninstall.
4. You need to uninstall the audio driver first by doing the steps above. Verify your action by clicking on OK on the dialog box that says Confirm Device Uninstall.
5. The next step is to install the Audio driver. Go back to the Device Manager window and right-click anywhere inside it.
6. After right-clicking, you will see two options and all you have to do is click on the option that says “Scan for hardware changes”. This will then install the audio driver for your computer.
7. If you want to update the audio driver just go back to the Device Manager window and then under the Sound, video and game controllers.
8. You may then right-click on High Definition Audio Device and then click on the option that says Update Driver Software.
9. You will be given two choices by a dialog box and all you need to do is click on the option that says “Search automatically for updated driver software”. This will then automatically update the driver.
10. If in case what you installed doesn’t work with your system you can do something about it by downloading the audio driver from the internet. In the dialog box, instead of choosing the option that says “Search automatically” you choose the option that says “Browse my computer for driver software”.